This Month’s events at a glance:
Meeting will take place at 6PM at:
Bonanza Casino (Branding Iron Cafe)
4720 North Virginia St Reno, NV 89506.
Public Rifle Matches for Northern Nevada: Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Lake Tahoe
Palomino Valley Gun Club is a non-profit organization that promotes shooting events open to the public at the Regional Shooting Facility maintained by Washoe County near Pyramid Lake in Reno, Nevada. PVGC hosts safe and friendly rifle competition for sportsmen and hunters of all ages and skill levels. MEMBERSHIP is available and includes special benefits, but not required to participate in any shooting event. Please see our EVENT SCHEDULE for match and practice dates.
The Palomino Valley Gun Club was formed in 1981, under the direction of Mr. Nevada Wise. Many dedicated members and volunteers have helped make the club a tremendous success. In 2000, Palomino Valley Gun Club, Inc. (also referred to as PVGC) formed as a 501(c)(7) Nevada non-profit organization.
See our EVENT SCHEDULE for calendar dates:
- Long Range Varmint Silhouette Rifle Matches (Monthly)
- Smallbore Silhouette Rimfire Matches (Monthly)
- 600/1000-Yard Long Range High Power Matches (Monthly)
- Military Silhouette Rifle Matches (Per Schedule)
- Short Range Tactical Rifle Matches (Per Schedule)
- Short Range NBRSA Benchrest Competition (Monthly)
- Walking Varmint Silhouette Matches (Per Schedule)
- NorNev Tactical Rifle Matches (Per Schedule)
- High Power Silhouette Rifle Competition (Per Schedule)
- 600/1000-Yard Long Range NBRSA Benchrest Matches (Per Schedule)
- Hunter Pistol Silhouette Rimfire Matches (Per Schedule)
- 1000-yard FSCA .50 Cal Rifle Competition (Per Schedule)
The purposes and objectives of Palomino Valley Gun Club are:
- To host public shooting events at the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility.
- To promote public awareness of firearms and their safe use.
- To foster and promote the shooting sports, including the advancement of amateur competitions in marksmanship at the local and state levels.
- To aid in the promotion of established state, national, and international shooting organizations.
National Rifle Association (NRA) Fifty Caliber Shooter’s Association, Inc. (FCSA)
Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) National Benchrest Shooters Association (NBRSA)