November 2014 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 18 November 2014. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Steve Archibald (Match Director), Mike Ceccarelli (Member), Ron Rehn (Member), Neil Gift (Member), Casey Balkenbush (Member), Don Johnson (Member), Emily Ladouceur (Member), Dan Lindholm (Member), Don Myers (Member), Wilton Sell (Member), and Mitch Gerlinger (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
The Media Director reported that the club website continues to receive steady traffic, with 587 visits for 1517 page views in October. An e-mail newsletter was sent to 411 addresses, with 130 confirmed read. The most popular web pages were: event schedule, smallbore silhouette match description, long range varmint match description, smallbore silhouette match results, membership, and long-range F-Class match description. Unfortunately, due to active attempts to hack user accounts visitors will be required to enter a ‘CAPTCHA’ code when logging in with their password to prevent intrusion. There are currently 207 total members as of this meeting, with 51 brand new members joining in 2014.
- 2015 Range reservations have been turned in to Washoe County. Tentative event schedule has been published.
- Tactical precision match proposal: Casey explained the draft course of fire. Dave asked that first match utilize existing targets and material. The club with determine support after sponsors respond and the first match.
- Portable toilets were last serviced on 11/7, and service has been held until 3rd Friday in March 2015.
- Insurance will be adjusted, as there are no shooting events in December or January and membership will change.
- Elections: members in attendance constituted a quorum and voted. Club officers are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary), and Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer).
- Christmas party preparations are underway, and the club website is accepting online reservations. Don Bagley was authorized $600-800 for purchasing gifts. The food cost for each plate is $30, and limited to 50 people.
- Annual mailed newsletter prepared by Secretary is estimated cost $138.32, and will be sent out after this meeting.
- Target stand alignment correction at the Smallbore range was offered by the County, and suggested by the Board.
- The president decided not to hold a January meeting. The February club meeting will take place at 10AM Tuesday on 2/17 at Carrow’s Restaurant on Plumb Lane.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.