Match for youth and their families to introduce shooting competition with activities, targets, and competition suitable for junior shooters and their families. Opportunity for young shooters to learn gun safety, practice gun safety, learn about gun handling and shooting techniques, and apply them in fun or relevant shooting competition.
Note: As this is our first Youth 22 Caliber Rimfire match, information is tentative and subject to update. Please RSVP Matthew Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that he can email updates.
- 8 a.m. Set Up
- 8:30 a.m. Check-In
- 9 a.m. Safety brief (Traditional Range Rules)
- 9:15 – 10 a.m., Hands on Shooting Safety and Practice (e.g., standing, kneeling, sitting, prone technique and safety). Need multiple adult RSO to brief on each, to help coach.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Run stages
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m., Shoot-Off
- 11:30 – 12 noon, Awards, Clean-Up
Participants: Everyone, with specific focus on youth under 18, with any skill level.
Rifles: Any 22 caliber rimfire rifle using Short, Long or Long Rifle rimfire ammunition.
Sights: Non-Magnified and Magnified. “Red dot” sights will be grouped in non-magnified or magnified as appropriate.
Ammunition: A minimum of 40 rounds ammunition is required per small bore silhouette rim fire match, plus replacement ammunition for damaged or lost rounds. Additional ammunition may be desired for the optional sight-in period and potential shoot-offs. Armor piercing, incendiary tracer, steel core, 17 HMR, 22 WMR, and 22 Hornet ammunition is prohibited, as is ALL center fire ammunition. This match is for .22 caliber RIMFIRE ammunition ONLY!
Eye and ear protection is mandatory, as are open bolt indicators. We will have extras available if anyone needs them.
Entry Fee: FREE to all PVGC junior members, $7 adult members, $12 adult non-members, $5 junior non-members.
Shooter Classification: By age at time of match and type of sights.
* If you do not have a rifle and ammunition, please email organizer. We will have a limited number of shareable rifles and plenty of ammunition available so that everyone that wants to participate should be able to.
Please feel free to contact the match director with any questions!