Borrow/Rent Higher Power Scope

Home PVGC Member Forums 600/1000 Yard High Power Borrow/Rent Higher Power Scope

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Lucchesi 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andrew S.
    Participant

Good morning everyone! I am looking to get into long range shooting, but as a younger guy with his first child on the way, my budget has been drastically cut. I’m looking to see if anyone would be willing to rent me a scope to use for the 600 yard shoot this Saturday or one of the coming Saturdays. I’d try to make do with the scope I currently have, but 4x doesn’t help too much at those longer ranges. Please let me know if anyone has a spare scope lying about that you wouldn’t mind letting me borrow or rent for a day. Thanks!

Ben Lucchesi
    Keymaster

Hey Andrew,

I was in the same position you were in 10 years ago when I first started having kids, etc.

I don’t think anyone is going to rent you a scope, but to be perfectly honest, for paper target shooting at 600 yards, you don’t need much of a scope. If you can give me a $$ budget, I can give you a recommendation for something thats in your price range that will be more than adequate for 600 yards.

Also, to put things in perspective, MANY people use traditional AR-15 iron sights at 600 yards.

-ben

Andrew S.
    Participant

Hi Ben,

I think I’ll probably have to make do with my 4x for now. My budget would probably be sub $200. Gotta keep it low to feed the gun, too. Thanks for your help!

Dan Lindholm

Hello Andrew,

I have a Bushnell scope you can have. It’s an older one but when I took it off my varmint rifle it still worked. It should be just fine for punching paper. Having said that, I’d still test it out before you take it to a match.

Email me at Dan@zephyrdefense.com

Ben Lucchesi
    Keymaster

Hey Andrew – sorry for the late reply. Did you get hold of Dan about the offer for the Bushnell? If not, I’ll post a few options in the $200 range – personally, I think Nikon makes the best scopes at that price point.

Andrew S.
    Participant

Hi Ben – I was able to get in touch with Dan and he was able to help me out, just in time for the 600 yard shoot on Saturday. Thanks!

Ben Lucchesi
    Keymaster

great to hear! glad you made it out to the shoot!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.