April 2014 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 22 April 2014. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Scotty Strachan (Match Director), Ted Muller (Member), Emily Ladouceur (Member), Ron Rehn (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
The Media Director reported a continued success in website popularity and social media attention. The Facebook advertising campaign has cost only $50, and has already brought worthwhile visitors to the website and fan page. There are 124 members as of this meeting, which includes 25 new club members.
- Portable bathrooms have been completed, and parked near the silhouette shed. Please return to this same location.
- Hunter sight-in day proposed at Smallbore range on Sunday 8/3, and will offer cover with benches (shooters must bring stool). Paper stands available for 100, 200, 300 yard sight-in, and chuck/crow and coyote silhouette range targets can be used.
- 1000 yard range has all-new target frames installed. Rangemaster has requested the use of a synthetic grease called Slip Plate instead of diesel. The county will provide the initial Slip Plate. The club will degrease two carriers and try the synthetic for a few matches to see if it works before giving up the diesel.
- Bylaw changes proposed. A vote on these changes will be held at the May meeting.
- Suggested bylaw change requiring Match Directors to produce a Range Safety Briefing was not encouraged.
- Match Director for Bullseye Pistol should create a match description and course of fire for display on the website.
- NBRSA and FCSA match directors have not signed up, completed match description or posted results on website.
- President clarified that open/concealed firearms are allowed at club matches at the match director’s discretion.
- NBRSA, FCSA, and CMP memberships were confirmed as needed associations for club activities.
The next club meeting is scheduled for 4PM Tuesday 5/20 at Paulie’s Pizza on 2309 Kietzke Lane.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.