May 2014 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 20 May 2014. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Scotty Strachan (Match Director), Joe Melcher (Member), Emily Ladouceur (Member), John England (Member), Don Johnson (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer reports was approved as submitted.
The Media Director reported that the Facebook advertising campaign to promote the website and social media fan page was a success, but exposure has been saturated and should not be conducted again for many months. Renewals have slowed considerably, with 131 current members of which 30 are brand new. Website visitors and interested shooters would benefit from match descriptions and match results for NBRSA and FCSA events. A June email newsletter is being written, and will include updates occurring at this meeting.
1. Portable bathrooms are in full service. Please park the trailer deep beside the silhouette target shed.
2. Washoe County has promised to provide Slip Plate for target carriers. Once received, PVGC will test synthetic lubricant for a few matches before giving up the diesel. The primary concern is dirt sticking to sliding rails.
3. Hunter sight-in day planned for 7:30/9AM Sunday 8/3 at Smallbore range. Will add registration to website.
4. Match Director for Bullseye Pistol should create a match description and course of fire. No volunteers present.
5. Suggested that bylaws waive event fees for Match Director personnel conducting the event.
6. Suggested that bylaws require Match Directors to produce a Range Safety Briefing for their event.
1. Quorum voted on proposed club bylaw changes. Voting to voluntarily waive match fees for the event’s Match Director succeeded and will be added to bylaws. Voting to require a safety briefing for shooting events failed.
2. Once membership reaches 145, Insurance must be increased. 2014 Membership will close at 150 members.
3. Commercial privatization of the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility was discussed. Dave and Scotty delivered a summary of the County meeting that took place on 5/14, where a private investor expressed interested in managing the facility for profit. The next public meeting could include discussion on a ‘Request for Proposal’, and may be open to key individuals from involved organizations. Deed requires public access to property.
4. John England offered commission-based logo apparel services to the Club. The media director will coordinate.
5. 600/1000-yard long-range open house planned for 7:30AM Saturday 6/21 to introduce new participants.
6. Bob Hoppe explained that a private business would like to secure our reservation date, which was declined.
7. Dave Roberts announced he will retire as Match Director for the Military Silhouette after the 2014 season.
The President announced that the next club meeting will take place at 10AM on June 17th at Carrow’s Restaurant.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.