June 2014 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 17 June 2014. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Scotty Strachan (Match Director), Don Johnson (Member), Neil Gift (Member), Casey Balkenbush (Member), and Ted Muller (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer reported the bank balance. The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
The Media Director reported 133 current members, of which 31 are brand new. Renewals have slowed to only 2 since the last meeting. A June email newsletter was sent out and included updates that occurred at the last meeting. Website visitors and interested shooters could benefit from detailed match descriptions and posted match results for club events.
- Bylaw added “Match Director may voluntarily waive their own match fee for the event they actively manage.”
- Discussed private management of shooting facility. Reviewed property deed for APN 076-330-16 dated 02/07/1977: “It is expressly agreed that in the event the party of the second part [Washoe County, NV] shall use of suffer the use of said premises for any other purpose than as a gun club or other similar recreational facility open and available for the use and enjoyment of the general public; this conveyance shall thereupon become void and the title to said premises on demand shall revert to the party of the first part [McCulloch Properties, Inc.], its successors and assigns, and the same shall have the right to reenter and repossess itself of said premises.”
- NRA club membership expiration date is Sep. 2017.
- Nevada Johns to service portable bathrooms every 4th Friday with 10 gallons of water/chemical added. Service should be cancelled during off-season. New combination locks to be installed and key locks returned.
- Ron Rehn has volunteered as Match Director for the Bullseye Pistol competition on October 5th.
- Hunter sight-in day planned for 7:30/9AM Sunday 8/3 at Smallbore range. Registration added to website.
- President suggested elimination of Family Membership. Those at meeting voted to postpone the elimination of Family Memberships but to cease offering any new Family Memberships.
- Those with Family Membership are requested to specify who is included in their membership for accountability.
- Secretary suggested a safety committee be formed to address concerns at club shooting events. No volunteers.
- Secretary suggested Tactical Precision match organization and support. No volunteers were present.
- 2015 Event schedule planning has begun, and will require input from match directors.
- Secretary suggested Christmas party reservation be moved from Wednesday to Friday. Vote favored Wednesday.
The President announced that the next club meeting will take place at 10AM Tuesday on July 15th at Carrow’s Restaurant.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.