November 2015 Order of Business;
Meeting is called to order on 20 November 2015. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Steve Archibald (Match Director), Mike Ceccarelli (Member), Don Johnson (Member), Neil Gift (Member), Rina Johari (Member), Scotty Strachan (Member), Bill Zenz (Member), Reece Dassinger (Member), Chuck Neller (Member), Roger Biswell (Member), Dan Lindholm (Member), Phil Swann (Member), and Ben Luccasi (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
The Media Director reported that the club website continues to receive steady traffic, with 893 visits for 2132 page views in October 2015. After the home page, the most popular sub-pages were: event schedule, NorNev match description, long range varmint match description, smallbore silhouette match description, match descriptions page, match results page, membership, smallbore silhouette match results, and long-range F-Class match description. The annual Christmas newsletter was sent to Nevada Presort on 11/5, and has been mailed out. An e-mail newsletter is planned, pending election result from this meeting, and to notify of online Christmas reservations or membership renewal. There are currently 180 total members as of this meeting, with 56 brand new members joining in 2015 which matches new membership for 2014.
- Portable toilets have been emptied and winterized. Match Directors will need to request fill at start of season.
- President asked for suggestions for spending on improvements. Feedback consisted of safety and target berm improvements at smallbore range, packed gravel in front of silhouette target shed, gravel in front and behind the smallbore benches, temporary removable cover for the silhouette line, replace the silhouette target shed door strike plate, train new RSOs, reimburse RSO renewal fees, waive match fees for RSOs, add 20 targets for NorNev match, replace 6-12 targets for varmint match.
- Vote held and succeeded for Don Johnson to build four additional rifle racks.
- 2016 Range reservations have been approved by Washoe County. Final event schedule has been published.
- NorNev targets were ordered and received by Dave Roberts. Approval was given for target stand construction materials.
- NorNev match results have still not been posted to the club website. President requested Neil Gift to update.
- Event proceeds have not been collected from the August 13-18 FCSA matches.
- President declined to cancel insurance in the off-season. It was explained again to the secretary that if we don’t have insurance we can’t have range reservations.
- President’s vote succeeded to cancel gifts and raffle for this year’s Christmas party.
- Members in attendance constituted a quorum, and nominations for elections held. Club officers for 2016 are: Tony Sallaberry (President), Bob Hoppe (Vice President), Rina Johari (Secretary), and Scotty Strachan (Treasurer). The President did not appoint a replacement for the Media Director as this position should be eliminated.
- The Media Director proposed that he be paid $150 a month to continue performing his duties for the next year. No motion made or vote held.
- Christmas party preparations are underway, and the club website is accepting online reservations.
- Annual Christmas newsletter cost $141.97, and was sent to 146 separate member addresses.
- The next club meeting is 6PM Wednesday on December 10th at Pinocchio’s for the Christmas Party.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.
Read more at https://palominogunclub.org/15/pvgc-meeting-minutes/#ZMuZ6Zx0MRlIsCj2.99