February 2016 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 23 February 2016. In attendance are: Tony Sallaberry (President), Rob Hoppe (Vice President), Scotty Strachan (Treasurer), Rina Johari (Secretary), Neil Gift (Match Director), Dave Roberts (Match Director), Mike Ceccarelli (Honorary Member), Ted Muller (Member), Dan Lindholm (Member), Monte Forbes (Member), Glenn Contreras (Member), Kelly Wisner (Member), Don Johnson (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
There are currently 106 members as of this meeting, with 22 brand new members joining in 2016.
- In regards of range improvements, the County is going to spray weedkiller at the Silhouette & Smallbore range. The club was also advised that Jimmy (Range Master) will be bringing in more gravel to the front of the shed. We will have to follow up with Jimmy on the impact damage at the 1000yd range.
- President requested Neil Gift to research on RSO classes/instructors and present to the club the costs.
- Don Johnson finished building four additional rifle racks.
- More NorNev targets were purchased and received by Neil Gift, which was voted on & approved by the Board.
- Vote held & succeeded for Neil Gift to get $700 more for targets & shot timers for NorNev Tactical.
- Board agreed to renew this year’s club insurance for 125 members and will add on as number of members grow.
- Secretary presented a match poster she did for NorNev Tactical and the Board agreed to have a poster for each discipline made and club flyers to be placed at the public range.
- There is a time conflict between NorNev Tactical setup time (8AM) and Smallbore Silhouette target practice at 8AM. The Board agreed that if there are any time conflicts between any match disciplines, the Match Directors will have to work together. One suggestion was to push back start time of the smaller matches to accommodate setup for the larger matches.
- The next club meeting is 6PM on Tuesday March 15th at Bonanza Casino.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned, followed by an insightful discussion on different kinds of cartridge case annealing machines.