Dear PVGC Members,
We’re very excited to announce that the the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility is opening this weekend and that PVGC is resuming events. However, at the direction of state and local health officials and in cooperation with the Washoe County Parks department, we will be operating under modified procedures.
Please keep in mind that these procedures are non-negotiable. The range is not an essential business and the county is not obligated to open the range at this time. These guidelines were made by special arrangement with the county and not following these guidelines may result future events being cancelled.
The guidelines are as follows:
- No more than 10 people may be present on the firing line at any time, including RSO and Match Director
- Everyone will maintain social distancing from those you did not arrive with
- Congregating in groups is not allowed
- If the number of event participants is less than 15, attendees will social distance while they aren’t shooting, preferably in their vehicles.
- If an event has more than 15 participants, the total number of participants will be split into equal sized groups of 10 or fewer people. Each group will be assigned an arrival time and a block time with which to shoot. Do no arrive before your assigned arrival time and leave at the end of your assigned block time.
- Do not go to the range office unless you have specific business with the range master
- Do not arrive at the range before 8:00 AM. Stay in your vehicles until directed what to do.
The goal of these restrictions is to accommodate as many shooters as possible while still preventing large groups of people assembling at the range.
To accommodate these restrictions we’re making the following changes to our match procedures:
- If you would like to participate in an upcoming event, you MUST to notify PVGC in advance – either the match director or reply to this email. This will allow us to plan for capacity.
- Event fees will be paid by bring a sealed envelope containing exact payment. Write your name on the envelope.
- If more than 15 people signup for an event, you will be assigned an arrival time. Do not show up before your arrival time. If you are part of the first group, please help setup. If you are part of the last group, please help teardown.
We realize that these restrictions make holding matches difficult, if not impossible in some cases. As such some of our matches have been converted to practices or cancelled. This decision is made at the discretion of the match director.
The following are a list of upcoming events:
- May 16, 3×600 Midrange – converted to block time practice
- May 16, Military Silhouette
- May 16, Smallbore Silhouette – CANCELLED
- May 16, 3×1000 Long range – converted to block time practice
- May 19, Club Meeting – CANCELLED
- May 23, NRL22
- May 23, Long Range Practice
- May 24, Long Range Practice
- May 25, Long Range Practice
- May 29 – 31 – Nevada State Long Range Championship CANCELLED, converted to Long Range Practice
- May 30 – Short Range Benchrest
- June 1 – Long Range Practice
These dates are subject to change – please monitor the calendar on the club website.
If you intend to participate in any event, please contact either myself (reply to this email) or the match director 2 days in advance of the event.
Palomino Valley Gun Club