This is a practical precision 22LR rimfire match where competitors will engage targets at distances ranging from 25-200 yards. Participants will be presented with a variety of challenges throughout the course of fire, which will include but are not limited to:
- Shooting from multiple positions (offhand, kneeling, sitting, prone, etc.)
- Emphasis will be on proper fundamentals and effective equipment management.
Please arrive by 8:00am. Registration closes at 8:30am and shooting starts at 9:00am. Please email Dan Lindholm at Dan@zephyrdefense.com for details.
- Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility Small Bore Range– 21555 Pyramid Way, Reno, NV 89510
- Ages: All are welcome.
- Fee: $20.00 ($15.00 for PVGC members).
What to bring:
- A 22LR rimfire rifle in either bolt action or semi-automatic. A 10 round capacity magazine or magazine tube is highly recommended.
- This is a 22LR rimfire only match. Any other round will not be permitted.
- Due to the nature of 22LR bullets eye protection is mandatory at all times for everyone. No exceptions; competitors, spectators, scorekeepers etc.
- It is recommended that your rifle be equipped with a bi-pod and a sling. Backpacks and rucksacks are allowed.
- A riflescope capable of adjusting for bullet drop for 22LR at ranges past 100 yards.
- 100 rounds of ammunition, although likely you will only need 60 rounds. Extra is always better.
- Food and water to nourish yourself throughout the day.
- A spotting scope or binoculars, if possible but not a requirement, to assist with scoring and spotting hits at distance.
What Not to Bring:
- Any caliber weapon other than 22LR.
- Eye and Ear protection.
- Muzzle control and safe firearm handling practices will be enforced AT ALL TIMES.
- Have your rifle zeroed and ready to go. There will be NO sight-in period. We will have paper targets to use for sighters, however, sighter shots will count as record shots during your string and will be scored as a miss.
- You must work with the squad assigned to you. You will be asked to assist with scoring, and spotting for other shooters in your squad.
- All shooters are recommended to RSVP or email in order to get your spot. We have limited spots. We may have to turn away shooters if too many show up without advanced notice.