Meeting Minutes – 01/2014

January 2014 Order of Business:

Meeting is called to order on 21 January 2014. In attendance are: Dave Roberts (President), Olin Coles (Secretary and Media Director), Tony Sallaberry (Treasurer), Scotty Strachan (Match Director), Steve Archibald (Match Director), Don Bagley (Honorary Life Member), Dave Schulte, Manuel Leslie, Don Johnson, Ted Mueller, Ron Rehn, Jeff Naylor, and Len Sims.

The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.

The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.

The Media Director reported that The Christmas Party was a success. Everyone had a good time, raffle winners received gifts, and the club cost was offset by dinner and raffle ticket sales. Total club expense for this event was approximately $900. Olin Coles donated $1000 of labor towards the creation of a new club website at Match Directors were encouraged to create an account at the new website so they may update match results. The first email newsletter was sent to 340 recipients and opened by 120 members. A social media page was created on Facebook for Club. The online membership renewal checkout process has been integrated into the new website, and is working very smoothly. There have been several visitors who have successfully used the service to renew membership so far. A check for reimbursing online registration fees was given to the treasurer.

Unfinished business:

  1. Shed maintenance: mark sheds with PVGC where needed, confirm function of doors and locks. Dave will verify requirements with Rangemaster Jimmy and take action if necessary.
  2. Portable toilet and trailer: approved per Andy Mink’s 10/22/13 response to Joe Melcher 09/10/13 email. Need to locate and secure purchase of portable toilet and trailer.  Don Johnson and Steve Archibald offered to build the trailer and research direct purchase from manufacturer.
  3. Safety Dividers (“berms”): partially funded by a $69,432 sub-grant from the Nevada Department of Wildlife for the Facility. Improvements were scheduled for November 4, 8, 11, and 15, but did not take place because the issued work permit was delayed. Andy Mink has noted that work will be scheduled once weather allows.
  4. PPC West target cable in need of repair or replacement per Joe Melcher’s 09/10/13 email to Andy Mink. The range users have a non-cable solution for target holders so the club will not push for the cable replacement.

New business:

  1. Range trash cans: receptacles located at the various ranges are not being emptied. It is the Match Director’s responsibility to empty trash into dumpsters after range use, as the Facility will assess a $30 fee for the service. See General Operations > Rules in the current Operations Manual for reference. We will put trash bags in the smallbore building.
  2. Range Safety Officer: No update on NRA materials and scheduling from Clint Moschetti. No date set.
  3. Smallbore Silhouette match: proposed format approved. Olin Coles will schedule match dates on smallbore range.
  4. Mr. Ron Rehn suggested we hold Bulls-eye Pistol matches again. Ron was encouraged to organize a match and promised club support.
  5. A $3 coupon code was approved for Nevada Shooters to help track demand and justify renewal costs.
  6. Olin proposed PVGC business cards which could be obtained for under $30. These funds were unanimously approved.  Cards will contain generic club info only and not individual names.
  7. It was suggested that Club Minutes be posted online to the website. After discussion, no objections were made.
  8. Insurance coverage increased to 150 members. 66 members current, 58 members from 2013 not renewed.
  9. The President has requested that membership funds be accounted for and submitted separately from match income and expenses. This will prevent membership dues from being counted towards match income.  The Treasurer reported that this has been the standard regardless of how the match directors reported their income and is reflected in all income reports.
  10. Board approved funds for combined match award ribbon order for Scotty, Olin, and Mike.
  11. Club member Len Sims suggested several items for discussion at the next meeting.
  12. The next PVGC meeting will occur 10 AM at Carrow’s Restaurant on 18 February 2014.

There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,

Olin Coles
PVGC Secretary