April 2016 Order of Business:
Meeting is called to order on 19 April 2016. In attendance are: Tony Sallaberry (President), Scotty Strachan (Treasurer), Rina Johari (Secretary), Neil Gift (Match Director), Mike Ceccarelli (Honorary Member), Ted Muller (Member), Dan Lindholm (Member), Monte Forbes (Member), Dave Roberts (Member), Bill Zenz (Member).
The Secretary read minutes of the previous meeting, which were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
- 3 people backed out of the RSO class, due to Memorial Day weekend, while 2 others volunteered to pay for an earlier class. Final count is 7. There was discussion about combining resources with the WNPL for an even better rate in the future.
- Scotty has received his two new target hangers, but will wait until the summer of 2016 to replace the squirrels.
- Secretary presented the flyers she made for various disciplines. All are pending approval.
- We have 2 fire extinguishers in the shed and 2 fire extinguishers in the CONEX box.
- No members proposed any changes to the By-Laws this year.
- Neil Gift discussed sponsors for the NorNev Tactical matches. Each sponsor wishes to supply their products for use during the practice and match days. It was made clear that no money would change hands and they, in exchange for exposure, would be providing product. So far, local commercial interests are Suppressed Armament Systems and Take-Aim Targets.
- Neil, also, proposed a full 2-3 day event in 2017 or 2018 for a fully-sanctioned Precision Rifle Series (PRS) match. Particulars were discussed. The board agreed that it would be best to have a smaller 2-day event with less shooters, somewhere in the 100 shooter vicinity, with a minimal prize table. Once logistics are addressed and smoothened out, we can then look to 2018 for a bigger PRS match.
- We are looking into a dedicated weekend workday in 2017 to address range maintenance and/or improvements. We understand that Jimmy will be looking into and addressing the weed problem.
- Dave Roberts is to purchase 12 more chairs for the club.
- Mike Ceccarelli will research on costs of rugs to accommodate the new matches that are very popular within the club.
- The next club meeting is 6PM on Tuesday May 17th at Bonanza Casino.
There being no further business, this meeting is adjourned, followed by a discussion on different kinds of scales.